Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
A quick and easy snack or lite dinner of toasted salmon on gingerbread. The sauce may be made as thin or thick as you like.
- 8.8 Oz smoked salmon
- 8 slices of fairly thin gingerbread
- 5.2 Oz of cream cheese spread
- 1.8 Oz butter
- 4 tablespoons of chopped fine herbs
- 1 small lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Toast the gingerbread slices on both sides in hot butter, then let cool on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, chopped herbs, salt and pepper, adding a few drops of lemon juice.
- Cut the smoked salmon to the size of the slices of gingerbread.
- Arrange 1 slice of gingerbread, cover it with salmon then with cheesy herbs, add salmon again and finish with gingerbread.
- Serve with a mixed salad such as mesclun
Tip: It is best to make the toast just before serving them.
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 58mgSodium 1797mgCarbohydrates 14gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 6gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 15g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest